Sunday, May 12, 2019

Sonoff doesn't connect to WiFi after the password changed

Today I change the password of my WiFi network, maintaining the same SSID name (or WiFi Name).
After this I made again the pairing of my Sonoffs around the house... but can't connect!

The problem is that if you change the password of your wifi and you still use the same name, the Sonoff go in trouble.

But I found a tricky for resolve this:

- create a new wifi network: example SSID: wifi1 PASSWORD: wifi11234
- put the Sonoff in the "Compatible Pairing Mode (AP)"
- enter the wifi1 wifi information in the eWelink App
- and the Sonoff will work

Now do again the same procedure with other wifi name (example wifi2...)

After this, put the official name and password of the WiFi and do again the pairing procedure and now the Sonoff will work with your WiFi

No comments:

Post a Comment